Lower My Bill
More efficient equipment to heat or cool homes saves precious energy and helps preserve our various energy resources and facilities. This incentive package is meant to be mutually beneficial to our customers and to Hastings Utilities.
You Can Receive Direct Payments....
If you are an individually-metered residential electric customer of Hastings Utilities, you are eligible to receive incentive cash payments. Some restrictions to receiving incentive payments may apply.
Why Offer Our Customers Energy Incentives?
Because this program can benefit both you and Hastings Utilities. You benefit by receiving a cash rebate now and your energy-efficient equipment will continue to pay future dividends. Additionally, you and Hastings Utilities benefit because this program helps the efficiency of your local power plants.
Water and Space Heating Incentives
|System Type||Cash Incentive|
|Air Source Electric Heat Pump||$300|
|Electric Backup Heating For Air Source Heat Pump||$500|
|Water or Ground Source Electric Heat Pump||$550|
|Supplemental Electric Heat
(Permanently Installed, One Incentive Per Home)
|Upgrade of Electrical Service
(Upgrade must be to
accommodate incentive program appliance/s)
|Electric Water Heater||**$2 per gallon/tank capacity|
Conditions for Payment:
- All equipment must be permanently installed
- Any heat pump will have a minimum capacity of 18,000 BTUs per hour
- Any air source heat pump will have a minimum Heating Seasonal Performance Factor (HSPF) of 6.5 in the heating mode
- Any air source heat pump will have a minimum Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating (SEER) of 10.0 in the cooling mode.
- Any water or ground source heat pump will have a minimum Energy Efficiency Rating (EER) of 10.0 in the cooling mode
- Upgrade of electrical service payments apply only to existing structures; new construction is excluded from any upgrade payments.
- All equipment must be sized to adequately meet the requirements of the area serviced.
- Electric resistance heating systems must have a minimum capacity of five kilowatts.
- The cash incentive will be paid after the equipment is installed and operating. Designated Hastings Utilities' personnel will verify equipment installation.
Upgrades and Other Equipment
If your present electrical service is unable to handle the incentive program appliances, you may be eligible to receive up to $100 to upgrade your present service.
The Choice is Yours... We're Here to Help.
For more information on these customer energy incentives, contact a participating HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning) dealer or Hastings Utilities. Our phone number is (402) 463-1371 or .
Homes Are Only Eligible For One Energy Incentive Payment
Hastings Utilities' payment of rebates covers only the installation of original equipment. Additional energy incentive payments are not made when the equipment is replaced after years of usage